Monday, September 29, 2014

Maya Angelou's baby

As I was reading Maya Angelou's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" I came across a part which hit close to home for me this week. This would be the chapter where Maya becomes unexpectedly pregnant and haves a child. This has reflected on my life because at the time I have a friend who may have an unexpected pregnancy at a young age as well. This is a huge event in both of our lives right now because as we are close to the same age and have grown up together when suddenly we split for college and I have come to find that she is possibly pregnant. This was a huge surprise to both of us especially at this time in our lives. I have always been supportive of her and will continue to be and I can relate to both Maya, and Vivian and daddy Clidell's reactions. In so I can also relate to Bailey's reaction when Maya writes him and he tells her to keep it a secret. In many ways chapter 36 has recalled many memories for me and I was able to relate it to some events occurring in my life at this time. Maya Angelou is a very good, thoughtful, and relatable author how I have been able to relate to many circumstances in this book, which has made it more interesting to me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment